Every action that we take is spiritual, in the sense that it acts on reality and informs it. Making art is an action in a pure form, that only wishes to leave a trace of its passage.
In this body of work, I explore my own spiritual quest through artistic actions like writing, printing, binding, etc.
Tout Acte est Spirituel
Books (7 pages, ed of 15)
2016 (and ongoing)
I don't know if it's a prayer, or an attempt for a prayer. All I know is it flew out of me, in urgency, real and raw. Then it printed itself again and again, like a spirit looking for the best body.
- Every action is Spiritual
- To look for an extension of ones soul, through: knowledge, emotion, sensation, speech, transmission, perception, solitude and encouter, movement, gift, will, welcoming, dream, action
- Then I would like those simple words to be a prayer, only this doins, the crispation of my muscles, even the lacks of inspiration. I would like to write a prayer withour words. I would also say that every action has to tend to love.
- Love is the greatest prayer, yet you have to know how to love
- Art is maybe a jump toward the sky, or a move toward the world
- Life is an embrace with the world, and my soul is unsatiable and stuborn
- What matters in being is the trace it leaves, the impression of presence, everything that is its mark yet doesn't really belong to it, at least down here
Prayers in Things
Mixed media installation, books
Life Is An Embrace w/
2016 and ongoing
Gifts to writers and artists I admire.
In The Light Of What You Know
2017 and ongoing
Gifts to spiritual people I met.